MegaProject: Scratchbuilt Baneblade

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

TheMuffinKing
Jedi Council Member

MegaProject: Scratchbuilt Baneblade

Post by TheMuffinKing »

So, with my precious few available moments during the day, I will attempt to scratchbuild a baneblade using various model parts and sheet styrene. Hopefully I will remember to update this as I fool around with sharp knives and low skill!

Starting out:

Much of the styrene sheet is in another room. This is going to be a challenge. :D
TheMuffinKing
Jedi Council Member

Re: MegaProject: Scratchbuilt Baneblade

Post by TheMuffinKing »

Well, I'm now determined to finish this. It is much more complex yet paradoxically easy to build this so far. Hah, I haven't even started the details yet, so I'm sure I'll regret that remark. Anyways, I incorporated and old Italieri Shturmgescutz into the hull. Here are the most recent pics:

Vehrec
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vehrec »

It is my sincere hope that when this is completed, it will be placed in a formation with 99 other Baneblades outside wherever the hell Soulstorm was made. Because Vance Stubbs is the most amazingly dumb guy ever for losing 100 Baneblades.
ImageCommander of the MFS Darwinian Selection Method (sexual)
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

That's starting to look pretty good. You go, Muffin!
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Samuel
Sith Marauder

Post by Samuel »

Vehrec wrote:It is my sincere hope that when this is completed, it will be placed in a formation with 99 other Baneblades outside wherever the hell Soulstorm was made. Because Vance Stubbs is the most amazingly dumb guy ever for losing 100 Baneblades.
I'm thinking that they were secretly made of paper, duct tape and shit. Soulstorm should be ignored, as well as all the other DoW novels. The only good thing that was inspired is this:
http://trc.2.forumer.com/index.php?showtopic=170
TheMuffinKing
Jedi Council Member

Post by TheMuffinKing »

Here's a little more, I'm stymied due to a lack of parts. Hopefully my stuff gets here from N.J. soon.

TheMuffinKing
Jedi Council Member

Post by TheMuffinKing »

Update! I have found an old Tiger tank model and incorporated it into the hull, here is a pic:

JointStrikeFighter
Worthless Trolling Palm-Fucker

Post by JointStrikeFighter »

TheMuffinKing wrote:Update! I have found an old Tiger tank model and incorporated it into the hull, here is a pic:

Are you planning to make it a bit more sensible than most 40k vehicles? Less shot traps, no short barrled guns, no turret mounted turret mounted turrets? :P
TheMuffinKing
Jedi Council Member

Post by TheMuffinKing »

I want to keep it as 40kish as possible, however these other model parts make that a little difficult. They just aren't as beefy or cartoonish looking. I'm trying to do a mixture of styles, keeping the oversize barrels but making them longer, and incorporating rivets and what not where appropriate. Basically I'm trying to keep the model simple yet complex.

I will keep turret stuff to a minimum, although... :)
TheMuffinKing
Jedi Council Member

Post by TheMuffinKing »

I finally got around to assembling and installing the idler wheels and some of the rear portion. I'm glad I found another use for my power drill as each axle is inserted into holes drilled in the hull. The tiger track is working better than my initial mock up, though I wish I hadn't made the hull so wide or was able to find wider tracks.

Pics:

Manus Celer Dei
Jedi Master

Post by Manus Celer Dei »

Vehrec wrote:It is my sincere hope that when this is completed, it will be placed in a formation with 99 other Baneblades outside wherever the hell Soulstorm was made. Because Vance Stubbs is the most amazingly dumb guy ever for losing 100 Baneblades.
...How do you lose one Baneblade, never mind a hundred of them? Did they, what, fall down the back of the couch or something?
"We will build cities in a day!"
"Man would cower at the sight!"
"We will build towers to the heavens!"
"Man was not built for such a height!"
"We will be heroes!"
"We will BUILD heroes!"
[/size][/i]