Request: Star Wars Flags

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Request: Star Wars Flags

Post by Darth Raptor »

As part of a fanfiction project, I've encountered a need to develop flags for the Galactic Republic, Galactic Empire and New Republic, but I lack the talent, expertise and software. Since I figure that more than one person on the whole board might also be interested in SW flags, I decided that an open thread would be the way to go.

New Republic: Has already been done for you here, but it's a blue Starbird bracketed by fifteen blue, twelve-point stars on a white disk which is bordered by a gold ring. The disk if off-center on an off-white/cream-colored field. A study of the seal can be seen here, but on the flag the stars are the same color as the Starbird and the disk is white rather than black.

Galactic Republic: Same off-centered seal on an off-white/cream-colored field, but the seal itself consists of a black, eight-spoked Bendu on a white disk bracketed by gold, UN-style olive branches bordered by a blue ring.

Galactic Empire: Same as the Old Republic flag, but the olive branches are crimson and the Bendu has been replaced by the Imperial Roundel.

Republic/Late Republic/Imperial War Flag: As seen here , it's a black, eight-spoked Bendu on a white disk bordered by a black ring on a blood-red field. Later, the eight-spoked Bendu is removed in favor of the six-spoked Bendu which is eventually replaced by the Imperial Roundel.

So those would be good for a start, but also feel free to submit any reinterpretations or inventions you might have in mind. These images are for the use of the SW fanfic community at large.
Ilya Muromets
Jedi Knight

Re: Request: Star Wars Flags

Post by Ilya Muromets »

Well, since you already provided the seal for the New Republic, I figured I could put up a quickly done attempt. Is this what you had in mind?

"Like I said, I don't care about human suffering as long as it doesn't affect me."
----LionElJonson, admitting to being a sociopathic little shit

"Please educate yourself before posting more."
----Sarevok, who really should have taken his own advice
Ilya Muromets
Jedi Knight

Post by Ilya Muromets »

Tackled the others:

Galactic Republic:

Galactic Empire:

Early Republic War Flag:

Late Republic War Flag:

Imperial War Flag:

"Like I said, I don't care about human suffering as long as it doesn't affect me."
----LionElJonson, admitting to being a sociopathic little shit

"Please educate yourself before posting more."
----Sarevok, who really should have taken his own advice
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

btw what's the source for the six-spoked bendu flag for the late republic (anything post-ROTS would be empire) since IIRC AOTC:ICS said that the six-spoked design (used by the empire) was a defilement of the orginal 8-spoked design with the number of spokes having a very specific meaning in the orginal design.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

Why are the tan flags off center?
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

Darth Yoshi wrote:Why are the tan flags off center?
Because they're supposed to be. Read the OP and follow the links therein.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician