Greater Demon of Nurgle

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

TheMuffinKing
Jedi Council Member

Greater Demon of Nurgle

Post by TheMuffinKing »

I just finished painting a friend's greater demon of nurgle. He will take care of the basing. I hope you likeit!

Azazal
Jedi Council Member

Re: Greater Demon of Nurgle

Post by Azazal »

Looking good, nice to see a departure for the oh too common puke green
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

What sells it is Muffin's excellent use of very realistically "fleshy"-looking paint. Did the paint come already fleshy, or did it require some special mixing and matching? :)
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
TheMuffinKing
Jedi Council Member

Post by TheMuffinKing »

Thanks guys. I'm very pleased with the result I achieved. To get the diseased flesh look, I used a variety of games workshop paints and washes, washes that saved my butt as I only have 14 different colors to work with.

I started with black primer and moved to a stone basecoat. From here I painted various parts red and then applied a red wash to the model.

I then drybrushed with stone and a light gray and applied a purple wash, after this I went with a thin coat of stone and a thin coat of ogryn flesh to smooth the drybrushing and went on with a few more drybruhshings and washes and thinned down paints.

It was a long process that I accomplished while also writing a term paper!
Slacker
Jedi Knight

Post by Slacker »

That's a great job with such a limited palette of colors-as a point of comparison, I recently painted a giant and probably used twice that many when inks and washes were taken into account. I really like the rotted-flesh tones as opposed to the pea-soup green one normally sees nurgle models sporting.
"I'm sorry, you seem to be under the mistaken impression that your inability to use the brain evolution granted you is any of my fucking concern."
"You. Stupid. Shit." Victor desperately wished he knew enough Japanese to curse properly. "Davions take alot of killing." -Grave Covenant
Founder of the Cult of Weber