Help a scientist today (Volcano photo requests)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

El Moose Monstero
Moose Rebellion Ambassador
Location: The Cradle of the Rebellion... Oop Nowrrth, Like...

Help a scientist today (Volcano photo requests)

Post by El Moose Monstero »

Evening all,

I find myself on the cusp of submitting a paper on the impacts of volcanic ashfall, but although I've found several pictures on the internet and have acquired permission to use all the most appropriate ones, I still find myself wondering if I couldn't find any better ones. Thus I turn to the photographers of SDN on the remote offchance that anyone has ever taken any pictures of ashfall events, particularly of freshly fallen ash covering vegetation, or deposited into water, be it lakes, rivers or ocean.

Trust me, I have searched every corner of the internet for pictures and there aren't many good ones, so this isn't a request for anyone to point me in the direction of good photo sources, as I'm fairly sure I've found all of them, it's just on the remote off chance that somewhere on someones harddrive is a picture from some eruption that someone happened to be near that they'd be happy to have produced and properly credited in a non-profit academic review article.

In addition, if you know anyone who might have such pictures, could you please let me know - I'm keen to make this a review which is good not only for its content, but also as an accumulation of badass pictures which haven't been seen before by the academic world. Particularly as I've just finished perhaps the most frickin' awesome of all cartoon diagrams to go at the end of the review.

Thanks for reading!
"...a fountain of mirth, issuing forth from the penis of a cupid..." ~ Dalton / Winner of the 'Frank Hipper Most Horrific Drag EVAR' award - 2004 / The artist formerly known as The_Lumberjack.

Evil Brit Conspiracy: Token Moose Obsessed Kebab Munching Semi Geordie
Kintaro
Jedi Knight

Re: Help a scientist today (Volcano photo requests)

Post by Kintaro »

I've been to the erupting volcanoes of Hawaii and I have some shots of the lava flows, but no ash falls. However, my tour guide (my former high school geology teacher) may have some. I'll track him down and ask.