Halloween Cake

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Isolder74
Official SD.Net Ace of Cakes

Halloween Cake

Post by Isolder74 »

My latest cakes were made for a Halloween party. The best one got eaten so no pics of that one. This was the back up cake.

Enjoy!

As always comments are always welcome.
Hapan Battle Dragons Rule!
When you want peace prepare for war! --Confusious
That was disapointing ..Should we show this Federation how to build a ship so we may have worthy foes? Typhonis 1
The Prince of The Writer's Guild|HAB Spacewolf Tank General| God Bless America!
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Re: Halloween Cake

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

I'm surprised you didn't do two angelfood cakes stacked bottom-to-bottom to create a more pumpkin-like cake. That's the trendy design I've been seeing on the cover of every cooking/home magazine for the last 2 months, though that may be WHY you didn't do it. ;)

That being said, it looks great, and I like the face. What flavor is it?
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
Isolder74
Official SD.Net Ace of Cakes

Re: Halloween Cake

Post by Isolder74 »

CaptainChewbacca wrote:I'm surprised you didn't do two angelfood cakes stacked bottom-to-bottom to create a more pumpkin-like cake. That's the trendy design I've been seeing on the cover of every cooking/home magazine for the last 2 months, though that may be WHY you didn't do it. ;)

That being said, it looks great, and I like the face. What flavor is it?
Its a yellow cake with pumpkin pie spice mixed in. Cup cakes make the stem and filled in the 'caverns' inside.

BTW my initial plan was to make a full pumpkin but the bundt pan I baked the cakes in somehow made the cake sink in the middle making stacking them not work. Probably, my cake was too light and fluffy and the sides set too fast or something I'll have to play around with it to see what went wrong. I suppose I could have filled the cake with a custard but i was running a little short on time by then.

Oh and on the face, everyone at the party kept saying, "Why So Serious" when they looked at it.
Hapan Battle Dragons Rule!
When you want peace prepare for war! --Confusious
That was disapointing ..Should we show this Federation how to build a ship so we may have worthy foes? Typhonis 1
The Prince of The Writer's Guild|HAB Spacewolf Tank General| God Bless America!