Untitled short, by DF

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Untitled short, by DF

Post by Darth Fanboy »

The sun warmed my eyelids, causing them to open. The sun shined brightly for the first time in many days. how ironic then, that I wouldn't be able to enjoy it with her.

The sound of running water caused me to turn towards the shower. She sang to herself a sweet melody that enchanted me. I wanted to go to her again. To kiss those lips passionately and to hold her again while letting her voice convince me that I had to stay there forever.

I looked wistfully to the other side of the bed, where she had curled next to me during the night. I looked over at a small picture of us next to her bedstand. Damn, she's so beautiful.

These feelings however we're only going to get in my way though. It was time to leave, and not knowing when or if I would be coming back made the decision to go that much harder.

I pulled the letter I had written her days ago out of my bag and laid it on her pillow. It was still warm from her presence earlier. I left quietly, letting her beautiful song carry me to the door"

When i got out to the driveway though, I noticed that my keys were missing from my jacket pocket. It was then tha the door opened again behind me."

"So even after all this time you still think you have to leave?"

"You knew this was how it had to be from the beginning. If I gave up on this now then I wouldn't be able to look myself, or you, in the eye anymore."

"You don't have to go! I understand!"

"Maybe you do, but I don't."

"You don't have to understand something, to find it beautiful."

"What does that mean exacty?"

"It means stop being a jerk and get back in this house. I can't let you leave."

i sighed and walked over the the car, underneath the car in a small magnetic holder was the spare key.

"You bastard...first you come into my life, then you love me, then I end up loving you back, and for what? Just so you can tear the heart out of me? What kind of sadist are you?"

"The worst kind, the kind that falls in love when he knows he shouldn't."

"Damn you, don't go...don't go..I need you."

"Stop saying that, be strong. It's ok to be angry, in fact, your hatred of me will make this a lot easier."

"Hate never makes anything easy, you of all people should know that."

"How much can i possibly know, i'm leaving remember?"

"Stop it..."

"I'm sorry, save those tears for someone who deserves them ok?"

(spelling and typos fixed)
Last edited by Darth Fanboy on 2003-05-02 07:28pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Its funny how everyone admired her looks,
but I always saw her eyes.

But now all I see are tears
and it comes as no surprise
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
Kelly Antilles
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kelly Antilles »

Very nice, DF. Love the angst.
LT.Hit-Man
Rabid Monkey

Post by LT.Hit-Man »

Diffrent, not sure if I like it or not
Brotherhood of the Monkey: Rabid Sith Monkey from hell.
Mad scribbler of the Writer's Guild Headquarters
Grand Inquisitor of ASVS (ret) ASVS Vets Assc.

" poor bruised and mistreated? jesus Christ Iggy, you haven't been watching Voyager reruns again have you? " - Darth Fanboy
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Kelly Antilles wrote:Very nice, DF. Love the angst.
I find these shorts a lot better than the venting thread.

Kelly Antilles
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kelly Antilles »

Darth Fanboy wrote: I find these shorts a lot better than the venting thread.
I'd love to see you take that and expand it into a larger story.
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

That story is a little to personal, but thanks for the good words.

Kelly Antilles
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kelly Antilles »

I understand. Still quite excellent.
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

the radio crackled slightly and the noise coming from the speakers was no longer pleasant. A fine time for the radio to quit working when there were still hundreds of miles of road to cover. A journey across the country that ultimately ended in a place as unfamiliar to me as the stars in the sky. It was a lot like the place I was coming from in a sense, before I had called it home anyway. That day, just like today, the sky was blue, and now I know what she meant when she said those words...

You don't have to understand something to find it beautiful.

Did it ever occur to me that this constant wandering was only going to ruin any chance I had at true happiness? There was no reason I had to go in the first place. But I had made my arrangements anyway, things hadn't gotten to that point yet between us. I had found a new life though, a better one than the one I was living. More money, better residence, better climate than where I was.

But then, the strangest of things happened, the wheel of time circled further, and suddenly there was something in my life that I had been missing for what seemed like ages. A feeling in my heart rekindled after years of dormancy, at first I shrugged it off, paying it no attention. Then suddenly it penetrated my thoughts and spread to my whole body.

You don't have to understand something, to find it beautiful.

Before I had time to react though I had plunged headfirst into a whirlwind romance, more perfect than anything I had ever known. Out of cowardice though, I had failed to tell her that it was a matter of time before I would be leaving. The night before I was to go she had finally confronted me about it after catching me packing my bags. She told me to spend that evening at her house, in her bed, and we made love. She had done her best to keep me, but it was too late, and somewhere in my heart there was a voice telling me to run. Run before the pain returns like it had done so many times, don't let your future go astray because of a whim in the present.

If that were true though why did she cry? Why did she beg me to stay? why then, was I feeling an overwhelming guilt?

You don't have to understand something, to find it beautiful.

a second part written because the first one wasn't doing the trick.

Kelly Antilles
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kelly Antilles »

*hugs Fanboy* This is a great way to get out depression. I use it as well. It's beautiful.
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

LT.Hit-Man wrote:Diffrent, not sure if I like it or not
Not enough sex, violence, loud music, or explosive material?

tfb!