Yah, My bar just got Guiness!

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Yah, My bar just got Guiness!

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

yes, that's right my bar just got Guiness!!!!

oh, and as a result I now have keys to a room holding several canisters of pressurized Nitrus Oxide (What Guiness uses to pump thier draft beer), a narcotic explosive.... :angelic:

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Damaramu
Jedi Master

Post by Damaramu »

Mmmmmmmmmmmm............Guiness........ :mrgreen:
Faram
Bastard Operator from Hell

Post by Faram »

Mmmmmm explosives

Flashbacks from my days in the army. Those where the days blow shit up with a smile :D
[img=right]http://hem.bredband.net/b217293/warsaban.gif[/img]

"Either God wants to abolish evil, and cannot; or he can, but does not want to. ... If he wants to, but cannot, he is impotent. If he can, but does not want to, he is wicked. ... If, as they say, God can abolish evil, and God really wants to do it, why is there evil in the world?" -Epicurus

Fear is the mother of all gods.

Nature does all things spontaneously, by herself, without the meddling of the gods. -Lucretius
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

Hehe. Alcohol and explosives. A potent combination. :D
Member of the BotM. @( !.! )@
Sr.mal
Jedi Knight

Post by Sr.mal »

Next time I'm in Bass Lake I will stop by there. Which bar is it?
Ever since I was a scumdog, I blew a cum-wad.
I need a mother-fucking suckadickalickalong
A drunk, a pervert, a junkie and a sodimizer.
But you can call me the salaminizer
-The Salaminzer by GWAR
The Yosemite Bear

Degnan's Pizza Loft in Yosemite Valley.

Oh if your in Bass Lake DO NOT GO TO Tenya Lodge, it's owned by the same company as Yosemite Consession Services, but has prices that are TWICE that of the overpriced shit here. (Same stuff too)

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Cool...and good advice(yeech...twice?!)
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Re: Yah, My bar just got Guiness!

Post by Sea Skimmer »

The Yosemite Bear wrote:
oh, and as a result I now have keys to a room holding several canisters of pressurized Nitrus Oxide (What Guiness uses to pump thier draft beer), a narcotic explosive.... :angelic:
Little good but lots of fun can come from this combination of bear and bombs
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
GonK
Youngling

Post by GonK »

Sea Skimmer wrote: Little good but lots of fun can come from this combination of bear and bombs
:wtf:

has a sudden image of a fundie suicide bomber bear...

decides sod it and goes to get pint of guinness

Mmmmmmmmmmm guinness...
"That's the dumbest thing I've ever seen, including the topless blond out at the swimming pool this morning. But, like the topless blond, some stupid things are fun to stare at." Raoul Duke, Jr.
<---And if you EVER see that face wandering roung Edinburgh with a bottle of Jack Daniels then I advise you to run. Or you could come over and buy me more Jack Daniels.
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

GonK wrote:

Mmmmmmmmmmm guinness...
I doubt the Bear would do around killing people. Scaring campers in the park though... :twisted:
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
TrailerParkJawa
Sith Acolyte

Post by TrailerParkJawa »

Sea Skimmer wrote:
GonK wrote:

Mmmmmmmmmmm guinness...
I doubt the Bear would do around killing people. Scaring campers in the park though... :twisted:
Rolling a keg of beer over Half Dome might be kinda funny. I wonder how loud of a noise it would make when it hits the valley floor.
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE
Lord Pounder
Pretty Hate Machine

Post by Lord Pounder »

Guinness - good

Wasting presuried gass resulting in no guinness - bad

On a serrious note Guinness in America tastes nothing like the guinness made back home. I was in Boston once at an Irish American thing, which is where a lot of my dislike of Irish Americans comes from, and the pint i was given tasted like crap, i couldn't drink it.
RIP Yosemite Bear
Gone, Never Forgotten
Mark S
The Quiet One

Post by Mark S »

Darth Pounder wrote:Guinness - good

On a serrious note Guinness in America tastes nothing like the guinness made back home. I was in Boston once at an Irish American thing, which is where a lot of my dislike of Irish Americans comes from, and the pint i was given tasted like crap, i couldn't drink it.
They probably didn't now how to pour it correctly either.
Writer's Guild 'Ghost in the Machine'/Decepticon 'Devastator'/BOTM 'Space Ape'/Justice League 'The Tick'
"The best part of 'believe' is the lie."
It's always the quiet ones.
InnerBrat
CLIT Commander

Post by InnerBrat »

Mark S wrote:
Darth Pounder wrote:Guinness - good

They probably didn't now how to pour it correctly either.
With a shamrock?
(and this is fecking London we're talking about here)
"I fight with love, and I laugh with rage, you gotta live light enough to see the humour and long enough to see some change" - Ani DiFranco, Pick Yer Nose

"Life 's not a song, life isn't bliss, life is just this: it's living." - Spike, Once More with Feeling
Mark S
The Quiet One

Post by Mark S »

No, not with a Shamrock. If I want that I'll draw one on with my finger. There is apparently a certain and specific way to pour guinness I've been told. I don't know what that way is myself exactly but I've had good pours and I've had very bad, bad pours. A bartender at a pub I used to go to showed me once but I don't really remember. I don't know how true it is but I've been told that old coots have been known to send their guinness back if it isn't poured properly. *shrug*
Writer's Guild 'Ghost in the Machine'/Decepticon 'Devastator'/BOTM 'Space Ape'/Justice League 'The Tick'
"The best part of 'believe' is the lie."
It's always the quiet ones.
InnerBrat
CLIT Commander

Post by InnerBrat »

Mark S wrote:No, not with a Shamrock. If I want that I'll draw one on with my finger. There is apparently a certain and specific way to pour guinness I've been told. I don't know what that way is myself exactly but I've had good pours and I've had very bad, bad pours. A bartender at a pub I used to go to showed me once but I don't really remember. I don't know how true it is but I've been told that old coots have been known to send their guinness back if it isn't poured properly. *shrug*
Hell, back in Slough I could pour a decent Guiness.
"I fight with love, and I laugh with rage, you gotta live light enough to see the humour and long enough to see some change" - Ani DiFranco, Pick Yer Nose

"Life 's not a song, life isn't bliss, life is just this: it's living." - Spike, Once More with Feeling
The Yosemite Bear

Yes, there is a specific way of pouring it, I happen to know it too. :angelic:

InnerBrat
CLIT Commander

Post by InnerBrat »

The Yosemite Bear wrote:Yes, there is a specific way of pouring it, I happen to know it too. :angelic:
*cough* *cough* real bartenders don't count.

The Yosemite Bear

Having an Uncle from Scotland who loves Irish beer helps.