Godzilla vs. Nimrod (Blame Kuja and Bad Days at Work)

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Godzilla vs. Nimrod (Blame Kuja and Bad Days at Work)

Post by Stravo »

OK, is Stravo crazy? Why the FUCK is he not writing new chapters but has the time to write this? Because the muse is one slutty whore and she likes to give me creative crabs thats why. Bad days at work these last few weeks forced me into a decompression mode which consisted of a Godzilla movie marathon a few days ago and this was the brain child of that movie marathon. PLUS I got the idea for actually writing this down when Kuja did an experimental chapter awhile back.

Please enjoy and no promises as to when this will be finished or updated. Though I don't foresee Starcrossed level size here. *shifts nervously*

GODZILLA vs. NIMROD

PROLOGUE: KALI YAMA

The Giant nuclear powered creature crashed to earth with an awesome explosive impact that uprooted trees and sent landslides tumbling down rocky inclines miles away. Its roar was muffled by the clouds of debris and soil exploding up into the air in massive clouds around its head.

A giant metal hand closed around the creature’s thick neck and squeezed with enough force to crush diamonds into dust. The monster gasped and jerked its head up. The metal arm was forced off and the creature opened its maw, spewing forth a stream of bright white plasma. The long armored spines running down its back glowed with an incandescent intensity, pulsing in time with the breath of the armored king of the monsters.

The blast struck the hand and traveled up the metallic hand. A shriek of metal on metal followed the angry blast and Godzilla rose from the cratered earth, an angry juggernaut looking for revenge. Its eyes narrowed on the assailant with a murderous rage.

The giant robot took a cautious step backwards, one hand sweeping out in front of it forming a tight crescent and a series of sharp glistening blades snapped up from the sides of its armored forearm, forming a tight series of four swords fanning out from the arm. The other arm rose up above its head in a measured gesture of welcoming to the great beast.

The robot’s doll like black eyes focused on the prehistoric nuclear beast and it waited patiently.

Godzilla watched the display for a moment with a calm patience born from a supreme confidence in its invulnerability. It roared loudly and opened its mouth again. A blast of plasma spit forth in a tight beam that traveled up the earth towards the robot’s feet.

The earth exploded as the beam traveled through the soil and geysers of smoking earth and molten stone followed in its wake. The robot back flipped, joints making a strange whirring sound like bladed edges dancing along each other, and avoided the brunt of the blast. As it completed a circuit one hand swept out to the side with a near casual flick of the wrist.

Three wicked barbed silver throwing blades sprouted from Godzilla’s chest and one buried itself right through his left arm, jutting out of the other end in a stream of vibrant crimson blood.

Godzilla threw back its head and roared in outrage and pain.

The robot landed in its second circuit of back flips and reached over its left shoulder where an armored plate hissed aside revealing a thin angular crystalline rod, jagged crystal spines swept out from the central rod and pulsed slowly with a cool emerald light.

The robot brought the crystalline rod forward and held it like a rifle, resting one end against its shoulder and it turned the base of the crystal stock. The pale emerald light suddenly flared up and tendrils of hungry energy danced along the entire rod building up at a frenetic pace as Godzilla roared again and charged the robot.

The robot showed no haste or fear as it zeroed in on the center mass of the charging behemoth and fired.

A bolt of green energy whipped out as if thrown and struck Godzilla dead center in its chest. Godzilla stopped short, its momentum cut by the forward energy of the crystalline rod’s main charge. Godzilla struggled valiantly against the energy lacing into his flesh, scouring away the upper portions of his armored hide.

The robot, satisfied that Godzilla was sufficiently anchored by the blast wave, turned another portion of the rod and a nimbus of green energy flared up around the robot, sweeping in around its sides like the wings of some great beast, beating forward as if rearing up to strike and the robot pulled back both hands, both closed around the other in a fist, the rod remained stationed in midair, anchored against Godzilla itself. The emerald shockwave collected along the blades sprouting the sides of the robot’s arms and danced from each blade, growing stronger, hissing more frenetically and seemingly tuning itself on the blades like a great drum of doom.

The robot lashed its fists forward as if striking Godzilla, although he was still several hundred meters away and the emerald energy leapt from its blades in a single ball of energy that burned the very air it passed through, leaving a glittering trail of black ionized atmosphere that burned hotly.

Godzilla’s eyes widened slightly as it felt the heat from the blast moments before it struck.

The King of the Monsters was blasted off his feet, its scream of pain drowned out by the horrendous eruption of air consumed by the blast wave, the forests around them exploded, unable to contain the energy dumped into the surrounding environment for even a moment. Godzilla landed in a heap a quarter mile from where he had been anchored only moments ago, one arm was missing, a smoldering stump waved feebly where it had been before the blast, one eye was missing, gouged out by the shockwave and the jellied remains cooked on Godzilla’s shattered snout.

He opened his mouth to roar and a flood of blood and bile erupted from his mouth, teeth hung in shattered stumps from his jaw and the chest was a smoldering mass of ruined flesh and internal organs.

Godzilla began to do the only thing left for it to do.

Godzilla began to crawl away, deep instinct calling it back to the sea where it would sleep and heal the horrendous wounds inflicted on it by the robot’s main weapon.
It feebly began dragging itself, with one arm, a shattered leg flopped uselessly at its side, every bone in the leg shattered like so much glass.

The massive tail drooped up and down as the juggernaut that had laid waste to Tokyo and so many other Japanese cities could feel itself dying.

The robot very calmly and precisely strode after its mortally wounded prey. As it did so it reached to its right side and an armored panel slid back and a spear launched itself into its hand. The robot continued walking and as it did, the spear grew longer on segmented strips and the head sprouted armored teeth that vibrated on a subatomic level, allowing the blades to pass through all but the densest material.

The robot stopped over the feeble Godzilla and brought the spear down with both hands. The spear punctured Godzilla’s side and passed through its midsection, severing a major artery of its heart, shredding one lung and passing through to the other side pinned right into the solid stone beneath the blasted earth.

Godzilla flailed about like a pinned insect as the robot crouched down, placing a knee firmly in the monster’s upper chest, applying enough pressure to rupture a mountainside and more importantly not allowing Godzilla the intake of breath it needed to spark the plasma cascade of its breath weapon.

The robot and Godzilla looked into each other’s eyes for a moment, Godzilla’s lone eye bore into the lifeless eyes of his adversary.

The robot reached over and took a firm hold of Godzilla’s neck and twisted hard to the left. There was a loud crack as a spinal column that had supported the massive weight of the King of the Monsters gave way and Godzilla’s head flopped lifelessly to the side, facing backwards.

The robot stood back up after taking a moment to run its hand over Godzilla’s head and chest to hunt for any spark of life in the beast. There were none.

Godzilla was dead.

The robot turned away from his vanquished foe as a flight of heavy black helicopters approached. Twin bladed giants of the sky with a single white star painted on their noses they approached dangling a harness. The robot obediently crouched down into a tight ball, joints bending and turning at impossible angles as it finally stopped in the form of a tight ball which the harnesses easily slipped onto and within a few minutes the heavy choppers lifted off carrying the killer of the King of the Monsters.

“So? What do you think?” Ikeida asked the assembled experts and military men.

There was silence as the scene playing behind him paused.

He did not expect a snort of derision. The tall well manicured American officer seated to his left stiffened.

“Wishful thinking.” The man in the back of the room said softly.

“I’m sorry sir, but perhaps you can be a little more specific.” The American asked sharply glancing back from his seat. The snorter was seated casually in the last row of the conference room. He sat with black gloved hands tightly clasped before him, his red tinted glasses hid his eyes from the casual observer.

“You have this armored robot killing Godzilla in less than ten minutes of open combat, when no record of any combat with Godzilla has lasted less than twenty. Godzilla’s flesh was penetrated in several instances by the robot’s weapons, one laughable instance with a simple throwing dart.”

“Titanium-Rhodium alloy tipped.”

“You can tip it with what you wish; they would not penetrate his flesh.”

“Go on sir.” Ikeida urged. The American colonel spared him a withering glare.

“The breath weapon would have either severed or blasted the exposed limb of the robot and you have it shrug off a direct hit from Godzilla’s plasma weapon.”

“The mechagodzilla unit fielded ten years ago - ” The colonel began.

“Shrugged off the blast because of a special diamond matrix that proved too unstable and far too expensive to mass produce. To reproduce such a matrix on a robot like this one would make the unit cost somewhere in the trillions of dollars and while I respect my American colleagues and their economic might I sincerely doubt even the US could foot such a bill for a single unit.”

The colonel frowned.

“The mesh armor plating on the Nimrod is a classified secret but it is designed to withstand the most powerful weapons of some of the Kaiju we have seen across the world.”

“Godzilla’s breath weapon is not some magical energy blast or special attack like we see in some of the Kaiju. It is the raw might of nuclear power in a tight cone. Think of it as a small atomic bomb going off in the span of a tractor trailer. There is nothing man can construct that can withstand that kind of energy. Even the mightiest Kaiju whose metabolisms allow them to shrug off the mightiest weapons on this earth and metabolize such exotic energies as solar and nuclear succumb to and respect Godzilla’s breath weapon. It is the most powerful weapon on this planet. You have lumped it in with the energy blasts of some common Kaiju.”

“You speak as if you think Godzilla cannot be stopped.”

The man pursed his lips for a moment before speaking.

“It is my opinion that we can only hope to survive Godzilla, not destroy him but it is my duty to find a way.”

“The Nimrod is the pinnacle of human achievement in the fields of robotics and weaponry. Despite these supposed drawbacks espoused by my learned colleague there is no doubt that in every simulation we have run, the Ragnarok effect will kill Godzilla. Once he is anchored by the plasma bores, the Nimrod activates his flux capacitors and taps into the very core energies of the universe, for a very brief moment using the very energies that helped create the universe to kill Godzilla.” A newcomer spoke up confidently.

“Ah, Dr, Maxmillian Smith. He is the project coordinator of the Nimrod project.” The American colonel stated proudly as the red haired American scientist stepped down to the podium.

“As I understand it, the Ragnarok effect has not been field tested.” The gloved Japanese man said sardonically.

“Any and all data regarding the Ragnarok weapon is classified and you know that old friend.” Smith said with a cold smile.

“You seem rather eager to reject our help on this matter…Dr?” the American colonel asked briskly.

“Ikari. Doctor Gendo Ikari.” He replied simply.

“Dr. Ikari is our resident expert on Godzilla.” Ikeida hurriedly added.

“In the end you can do what you wish. I am sure my government will accept whatever help the Americans have to offer. Despite being limited to dealing with such exotic Kaiju as giant ants and gorillas I think you will find Godzilla a whole other matter altogether.” Ikari stated grimly.

“The Nimrod was deployed successfully in the Rodan attacks on Paris and London. It also defeated the Batra infestation in the South Pacific.” The American Colonel protested sharply.

“Let it be Colonel. Gendo is Gendo and there is nothing that will change his mind once it’s made up. We will have to show him once we deploy the Nimrod here.” Smith stated calmly.

Ikari nodded to his colleague but he did not let a whit of the sheer fury he felt for the man show in his eyes. His assistant leaned in closely and whispered to him.

“I saw something in your eyes when you saw the Nimrod on the simulation tape. What is it?”

Gendo spared the blonde haired woman a long glance before speaking softly.

“The Americans are fools if they think I won’t notice the startling similarities between their Nimrod and my Eva project.”

“Sir, I don’t think the Americans will see it the way you do, after all, the Eva project was a joint venture between Japanese and American governments before it was cancelled in favor of the new Jet Jaguar project.”

“Jet Jaguar.” Ikari snorted derisively. “Eva without a soul.” He whispered.

“The god is angry.” The old shaman whispered fervently to the twins.

“He is not angry.” One twin stated firmly.

“He is afraid.” The other added without hesitation.

“What would a god be afraid of?” The old man sputtered in disbelief as the twins walked past him out of the grotto where they had been praying for three days and nights without rest.

“Man has found a new weapon to play with.”

“A weapon that not even the gods would touch.”

“He is afraid that the time is approaching when Godzilla will make his final rampage.”

“The Age of Kali Yama?” the old man whispered in horror.

The twins nodded as they approached the altar and the great god beyond who beat his wings furiously and called out in terror and pain.

“Godzilla serves only one purpose.”

“He is the herald and the end. He is the final agony on the land of Japan and its people.” The Twins said in unison.

“And against that?” the old man asked.

“There is only Mothra.” The twins said sadly as they looked back at the beautifully colored giant moth that sat on the mountainside where all his predecessors sat. Save that unlike his ancestors he would be the one to face the herald of the Kali Yama. And none of the prophecies ever spoke of victory in that apocalyptic battle.

The twins began to sing lowly at first but louder and more vibrantly. The song was meant to soothe, to put to sleep the troubled god. But Mothra would find no peace this day. The end was approaching far too quickly.
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
Singular Quartet
Sith Marauder

Post by Singular Quartet »

*grumbles something about having already started his own work of Eva/Godzilla crossovers*

Eh, whatever.

An intresting start, and the JEt Jaguer gave me a good chuckle in and over itself, but I think that's mostly because of the voice-actors from that section of the Godzilla movies.
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Stravo.............it made me smile. :D

Hmmm...I really should finished that experiment in WG....and on top of that, I scrawled down the timeline for a Godzilla story arc....maybe I should make time for it....
JADAFETWA
Bob McDob
Rabid Monkey

Post by Bob McDob »

More.
That's the wrong way to tickle Mary, that's the wrong way to kiss!
Don't you know that, over here lad, they like it best like this!
Hooray, pour les français! Farewell, Angleterre!
We didn't know how to tickle Mary, but we learnt how, over there!
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

Ooh...nice...
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

There will actually be updates to this as well. I just finished watching Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla and Godzilla vs. Megaguiras. It got the juices flowing even more.
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
Singular Quartet
Sith Marauder

Post by Singular Quartet »

Sweet. I still need to buy/watch a few of the later movies...
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Cool! This is awesome! I almost gasped when Godzilla died, but it was a simulation, so all is well. Let Godzilla kick ass, Stravo!