Phoenix reborn (ST vs SW)

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

PainRack
Emperor's Hand

Phoenix reborn (ST vs SW)

Post by PainRack »

Okay, so, I decided to restart my old fic, but fast forwarded it a tad. Comments are welcomed. Too bad a lot of the posters I did it for aren't here anymore. :(

http://kier.3dfrontier.com/forums/showt ... hp?t=20721

he Borg was the most powerful civilisation in the Milky Way. Assimilating all that they meet, resistance was futile. Yet, in meeting a lone, lost ship, thrown across the abyss of space and time by an omnipotent being, it triggered the begining of the end. Early victories marked the begining conflict. The wolf howled at the door and blew down the house of straw its chosen target has created. Locutus served his new master well. Yet, an insignificant android halted and turned the tide. This same ship would later serve to bring about the end of the Borg attacks on the Federation.
It has been said that History repeats itself, that the pattern of time always imprint itself on the events to pass. It was so with the Borg. Years later, a lone, lost ship, thrown across the abyss of time and space by an omnipotent being will once again meet the Borg. Once again, early victories marked the Borg encounter with this insignificant species. And again, time changed everything.
This was what had led Three of Five to believe in destiny. This was what leads E1701 to pray for salvation.

Sysnopois.
Many years ago, the failing Galactic Republic began a search for extragalactic life. It found it. A tear in space. Technically, it was termed a multi transdimensional cross index. The Republic called it Sysgate. However, the Galactic Republic never began its search. It left the task to the Galactic Empire .

It found a new galaxy. One divided. A threat to the New Order. Unlike the explorers of the alien galaxy, the Emperor soldiers decided to do the only thing they could to protect themselves. They prepared for war.

However, the most perfect plans could fail. Forever, gone in a blink. Twin suns, had a single planet, shining in the reflection of their combined glow, so bright, that early explorers thought it a sun on its own. To parallel the system, it too brought forth twin sons, and a daughter. The Son of Suns, will ultimately defeat the Emperor. And the Emperor soldiers, bearing false hope, were disappointed. No longer Empire, they were Remmant. No longer conquerors, they were survivors.

All around them, a multitude of enemies threatened them. Back home, an implacable foe destroyed their civilisation. A new order needed to be created, here, in alien stars. Long live the New Order.

Moff Council 03-882 minutes
Members : Moff Asden (Chairman)
Admiral Locha
Commodore Phong(Naval operations)
Colonel Mad (ISB)
Captain Eutha (S4)
Absentia- General Ryguy

Minutes prepared by Captain Eutha

1. Moff Asden raised the issue of reassigning droid crews under human supervision. Admiral Locha mentioned that the current breaking up of fleet groups was tactically unwise as naval task forces were being diluted. He also noted that too little ships were joining the fleet formations. Chairman delayed the orders and restated the current task force groupings of Dagger, Steel and Elemental. Reinsituted Lancer forces will rejoin Steel and Dagger.

2. Commodore Phong submitted the latest OOB. It was accepted without further discussion.

3. Commodore Phong requested that Fleet logistics be assigned the next batch of freighters. Captain Eutha noted that it was imperative that shipyard transport be assigned pirority. He raised the figures of transport losses to Valdemar mutiny running to 35 small and medium transports. Admiral Locha suggested a compromise. A total of 70 transports and freighters would be reassigned to build a fast sealift group, to be assigned to provide material support for both construction and military operations. This was agreed upon. Commodore Phong accepted the duty of requisitioning the droid ships.

4. Captain Eutha submitted the casaulty bill from Captain Valdemar mutiny.

5. General Mad informed the Chairman that Ubqitorate agents were all MIA. However,they have located a Rebel spy and support agents in a refugee group. Security was not breached however, and they had all been placed under detention.

6. Moff Asden inquired to the status of Operation Scarlacc. Admiral Locha stated that it will require 1 more week before Dagger and Steel is refitted. Elemental force is en route to pick up designated ground units. Objections were raised by all members.

End
Captain Eutha:"35 freighters lost. 1 billion credits worth of infrastructure destroyed. 10 Strike Cruisers, Valdemar Loscar, 110 TIE models destroyed." Captain replied. Pointing to the charts, he continued."With the loss of Valdemar Star Destroyer, Task force Lancer is effectively eliminated from our ORBAT. The shipyards at ... and ... are rendered unoperational. Repair teams assume that it will require 2 more weeks to repair them. Supply depot S7-833 caches has been 50% depleted. Continued salvage operations will only recover an estimated 100 tons of supplies."
Admiral Locha:The Borg offensive has overstretched our forces. We only field a sixth of a Sector Group, and we're already controlling half a sector worth of worlds. Hyperdrive travel is still limited and it is tactically impossible to provide the 1 hour response time you dictated. We already enlarged our holdings by 100 worlds, yet, we lost all our new ships when commander Valdemar went mad and turned traitor. We cannot possibly hope to accelerate the tempo of operations.
General Ryguy:"I agree. I only have 1 additional droid legion left as a stragetic reserve. Unless I begin to strip forces away from garrisoned planets, there is simply no armies left to conquer new peoples."

Colonel Mad:"And the increased rate of resource exploitation on our worlds, not to mention the increased movement of forces may serve to break the religious cover we have on our various settlements. And we will certainly lose secrecy with so many ships moving around."
"Freighters will have to increase their cruising speeds by an additional factor, in order to meet the new schedules. Increased docking.........."

" And I say we move ahead." Moff Asden said.
" Gentlemen, I do not see how time can possibly ease our diffculties. Even if we do not attack, time will not solve our problems for us. Our production rates can only increase at a certain rate. True, our World Devastators are growing. Every additional day, a droid factory, a regiment of droid armies and labour droids come on line. However, unless we can eliminate the threat in this sector, we cannot possibly hope to safely increase our industrial base. Already, the Voth raid us. We barely defeated the Hirogen hunting parties. Every week, a probe discover a new interstellar civilisation, one that may find us. Since we cannot be everywhere, defend every plant, every farm, every settlement, we must prevent any chance that someone will venture upon our operations. Annihalate every single ship in this sector, control every single being, and we will have a additional labour base. We will add new ships to our freighter force. Time is not on our side gentlemen. We cannot use the old tactics of slowly and insidiously manipulating any prehistoric race we meet. We must increase food and consumer goods production, so as to meet the influx of refugees. We must add more homes, more cities. We need more labour. We need more ships to transport goods around.
There is only one way to do that. Attack. We must expand our resources. What we cannot build, we must steal. A stroke of luck has given us a reprieve. We have a chance, to build something that might actually be useful in fighting against the Yuzhan Vong. We cannot know how long the truce between the Republic and the Yuzhan Vong can last. Indeed, even if the truce holds, the Vong may capitalise it to attack us, the Remmant. They are already slaugthering the Hutts. I do not want to return to another destroyed Imperial capital. "
Commodore Phong face visibly darkened.

It had been a long night. Not that night mattered up here, in the eternal darkness of space. His liege lord would be pleased at their success. Amongst the steady faltering shine of distant suns, a diode competed for his attention.

" Enter " Admiral Locha said.

A new series of lights entered the room as Lord Dennis Asden, His Divine Shadow mechanical apparatus came into view. Half man, half machine.

"It is beautiful isn't it."

"Of course it is."The admiral turned his gaze upon him. " It is exactly where U-371 was. Our World Devastator has consumed an entire world. Two more models now feed upon the Borg complexes."

"A most excellent way to use up a dead resource. The last of the Borg just died two hours ago."

"The Hirogen would have been pleased."

Asden tapping fingers came to a sudden halt. "I am disturbed Admiral. Somewhere, out there, an enemy exists that was strong enough to physically tamper with the Borg mind. Enough to wipe out that entire civilisation, leaving behind scraps and remmants. Our entire fleet barely fought off twenty cubes. According to the data we recovered, there were ten of thousands of them at least. Trillions of Borg drones, all dead in a moment, leaving behind only 1 million to desperately assimilate as many as they could for the surivival of their civilisation. This... Voyager, if E1701 should reach and contact it, alerting them to our presence, all our efforts here in this sector would be for naught."

"The Ubiquotorate will find those 3 cubes."

The drumming of durasteel found its counterpart in Asden voice." They have failed to report in for 3 weeks now, ever since Valdemar revolt. He has been turned. That, or he's dead. Killed by Valdemar before we finished him."

"So.... many dead. The loss of all our new cruisers. If some other inexplicable race, or the Yuzhan Vong should chance upon us now..........

"The Rejuevenator will take care of them."

A pause took hold of Asden." It is ready"

"Armed and fully operational." His voice had its usual confidence and pride, yet deep down, a worm squiggled in his gut. " We have finally attached the superlaser you brought to the last of the Emperor Soverign class Star destroyer. It is done."

"Get Operation Sarlacc ready then. Then, only then, will we have started the first step. To duty." Removing the datapads from Admiral Locha table, His Divine Shadow left Admiral Locha to his unnoticed brooding.

Drive 3 below optmimun effiency. Dispatch drone 3-6 to sector 03 to begin repairs.
Red flag alert incoming.
Re-entry from Transwarp in 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1. Warp exited.
60 interstellar vessels approaching Cube. Entity= United Federation of Planets. Intercepting subspace message .Encyrpted. Insert code 3635.Message decoded. Reads
=" This is Admiral Janeway of the USS Voyager...."
Interupting message continuity. Message overriden.
Transmitting beacon
" Seven of Nine, this is E1701.Your help is required. We come in peace"
Set message in loop. Alilgn transceiver 3 to vessel designated USS Voyager.

"Captain,I still do not understand how... humans could derivive entertainment from this."
"They were from more elemental times, a age of decadence and barbaric symbols. Notice the glorification of force to solve petty problems. While this... Rambo, was initially depicted as a remmant of a era of violence, from a war called the Vietnam war. Yet, this movie depicted him as a sort of hero, due to him using violence to solve bullying. In our time, we would have merely resorted to a complain to the nearest Federation authority to get our misery addressed. "
"Well, I say they're worth watching, eh Worf?" Commander Riker quipped.
"Are the lessons applicable to our modern times? It would appear from the recent subspace entertainment programmes that such glorification of violence is taking place now, in the aftermath of the Dominion War. Certainly, the authority of the Federation is weakening along its frontiers. Peace and justice may......"
"Just watch the show data." Commander Riker interrupted, noting the look of discomfort on Picard face.
"This, "movie" disturbs me. War should be a glorious clash of arms. Warriors firing disruptor fire at each other, not fearing death. Yet, they depict these, furry creatures as warriors. Crying over an honourable death Its.........."

"For one, the stupid one speak the truth eh Mon Capitane?"
The theatre dissolved into the yellow square lines of a holodeck. Picard quick glance asscertained that his movie companions, had similarly disappeared.
"What ever happened to Shakespeare captain? Not that I disliked your taste in entertainment capitane, especially since it made what I am about to say all so....."
"Say what you have to Q and get off my ship."
"Tut, temper temper? You wouldn't want to lose any more hair now would we?
Picard watched as the holodeck shimmered and resolved itself into an earlier movie Picard was showing the new Data.
"The... Laser sword, a symbol of the arbiterer between good and evil? All the right words Picard, but in the wrong context. Yes, it is violence that keeps the boundaries between good and evil Picard. Wasn't it your own countrymen who said, the only thing needed for evil to rise, is for good men to do nothing?"
"Q, I will not be mocked at with your egoistic, barbaric..."
"Insults? Captain, have a care. I'm actually breaking the rules here. I simply will not find pleasure in watching your "glorious" Federation crumble within 2 days. No, no more questions. Just remember, feel, don't think. Trust your instincts. Logic will fail you Captain in your next trial. And remember the lesson of this....."
Picard watched as green lances of fire burst out and penetrated a blue-green world, shattering it into its microscopic particles as a women screamed in panic and agony, surronded by uncaring soldiers.

"How did the Borg survive?"
"We did not. Individuality was forced upon us with the death of the Queen. However, just as in our obselete designations, there were those who were strong. Ambitious. They took over. They became... imperfect leaders."
"And?"
"I followed the drone designated Three of Five. The imperative was to surivive. There was only one option."
"Assimilation."
"With the casualty rate in our mini-Collective, we required a minimun of 50 new drones every day. And the death toll could only rise. Until all are gone."

"Orders authenicated. Operation Sarlacc is green. I say again, Operation Sarlacc is green."
"Daggers acknowledges. Going green"
"Elemental acknowledges. Going green"
"Steel acknowledges. Going green"
"Wildfire acknowledges. Going green."
The stars above Gate 1 watched, as several streaks of light vanished into the void of hyperspace.
"Good luck, and may the force be with you." The shadow lord whispered his heretic words.
Let him land on any Lyran world to taste firsthand the wrath of peace loving people thwarted by the myopic greed of a few miserly old farts- Katrina Steiner
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

Your writing style is very cinematic.
Η ζωή, η ζωή εδω τελειώνει!
"Science is one cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on" - Masuka 'Dexter'
"Angela is not the woman you think she is Gabriel, she's done terrible things"
"So have I, and I'm going to do them all to you." - Sylar to Arthur 'Heroes'