Can someone help me out?

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Tragic
Padawan Learner

Can someone help me out?

Post by Tragic »

I bought this game today I wanted to try out but I keep getting this message when its about to start. "Fatal: Vertex shader1.1/*and pixel shader1.1*/Required" Does anyone knwo what that means and what I can do to solve it?
"The point of war isn't to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his" Gen. George Patton.
Marcao
The Dominican Jayne

Re: Can someone help me out?

Post by Marcao »

Tragic wrote:I bought this game today I wanted to try out but I keep getting this message when its about to start. "Fatal: Vertex shader1.1/*and pixel shader1.1*/Required" Does anyone knwo what that means and what I can do to solve it?
It probably means that your graphic card does not support the vertex shader and pixel shader standard that the game wants. Did you check that you had the suggested minimg requirements?
Tragic
Padawan Learner

Post by Tragic »

Yes everything was at the minimum requirement. I have a Gefore2 mx 400 i think. I figured that would enough but I guess not.
"The point of war isn't to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his" Gen. George Patton.
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

Tragic wrote:Yes everything was at the minimum requirement. I have a Gefore2 mx 400 i think. I figured that would enough but I guess not.
MX cards don't support pixel or vertex shaders
Do not meddle in the affairs of insomniacs, for they are cranky and can do things to you while you sleep.
The Realm of Confusion
"Every time you talk about Teal'c, I keep imagining Thor's ass. Thank you very much for that, you fucking fucker." -Marcao
SG-14: Because in some cases, "Recon" means "Blow up a fucking planet or die trying."
SilCore Wiki! Come take a look!
Crayz9000
Sith Apprentice

Post by Crayz9000 »

Yeah, if you have an MX card... junk it. They have substandard performance for most everything anyway.
A Tribute to Stupidity: The Robert Scott Anderson Archive (currently offline)
John Hansen - Slightly Insane Bounty Hunter - ASVS Vets' Assoc. Class of 2000
HAB Cryptanalyst | WG - Intergalactic Alliance and Spoof Author | BotM | Cybertron | SCEF
Tragic
Padawan Learner

Post by Tragic »

What do ya'll recommend that real cheap and that will make the game work?
Crayz9000
Sith Apprentice

Post by Crayz9000 »

Tragic wrote:What do ya'll recommend that real cheap and that will make the game work?
I believe that a GeForce 3 Ti-anything should work with it. Just make sure you grab the latest ForceWare drivers off NVidia's website, and not the ones that come with the card.

GeForce 4 will work for sure.
A Tribute to Stupidity: The Robert Scott Anderson Archive (currently offline)
John Hansen - Slightly Insane Bounty Hunter - ASVS Vets' Assoc. Class of 2000
HAB Cryptanalyst | WG - Intergalactic Alliance and Spoof Author | BotM | Cybertron | SCEF
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

Crayz9000 wrote:Yeah, if you have an MX card... junk it. They have substandard performance for most everything anyway.
I'll attest to that: I have a GF2 MX I paid $50 for a year ago, and I still maintain I was badly ripped off by at least a factor of 250%! FUCK MX cards!!
Image Image
SPOOFE
Sith Devotee

Post by SPOOFE »

Buy a bargain-basement card, get bargain-basement performance... simple as that, Ein. :D

(Still waitin' to replace the ol' GF3 with one of the new PCI-Express cards when they come out...)
The Great and Malignant
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

If you got 100$ max, get a radeon 9200, its good.
Brotherhood of the Bear | HAB | Mess | SDnet archivist |