Help and advice needed with this plot outline please

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Dooku's Disciple
Padawan Learner

Help and advice needed with this plot outline please

Post by Dooku's Disciple »

I imagine this as a series of graphic novels or (if I ever get the chance) telemovies starring Ian Richardson, John Malkovich or Anthony Hopkins. I'll have to do a lot more research into world history/politics and write it very carefully so as to avoid paradoxes. My only question for the moment, though, is can you suggest any other histroical figures or events I should include?

Read on...

DD

DuCHAMP
© Stephen Lord 2004

Henri DuChamp is a hitman unlike any other, about as far from the typical hard-nosed Mafiosi as you can get. A sophisticate in his mid-sixties, he is an epicure, an opera lover, a chess player, a reader of philosophy and a collector of fine wines.

He does what he must, but goes to great lengths to distance himself from the criminal underworld and doesn’t want to be considered as part of that culture. He regards each of his targets as a “project” and researches their lifestyle and habits before he takes action.

DuChamp lives a parallel reality quite similar to ours. The only major difference is that the assassinations of several important political and cultural figures never took place in his version of history. Thanks to a wormhole that divides the two universes, he is able to study our dimension in detail and observe several “crisis points” that can be linked to those assassinations.

With careful use of the wormhole, he goes back in time to various historical eras and kills his reality’s version of the public figure concerned. Each murder imitates as closely as possible the circumstances of the one in our dimension, and creates vulnerabilities in the socio-political framework of DuChamp’s world. He exploits all of these as he journeys through the timelines with the ultimate goal of seizing power for himself.

There are elements of the matinee villain in DuChamp, but he is too careful and focused ever to slip into over the top caricature. He is at turns charismatic and ruthless, able to charm potential allies or discard them as he sees fit. His enemies, of which there are many, are no more to him than minor nuisances- annoying but necessary obstacles that must be overcome on the way to the top. As a character, he is more interesting than just about anyone he encounters on his travels and will have no trouble winning the support of his audience.

POTENTIAL TARGETS

• Julius Caesar
• Alexander The Great
• Jesus Christ
• Abraham Lincoln
• Arch Duke Ferdinand (catalyst for the start of WWI)
• John F. Kennedy
• Ronald Reagan (he succeeds where John Hinckley Jr. failed- albeit for different reasons- and plunges the western world into chaos at the height of the Cold War)
"Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom..."