T65 X-wing vs. XJ-wing

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Tychu
Jedi Master

T65 X-wing vs. XJ-wing

Post by Tychu »

I was just curious, after reading The New Rebellion we realize that the Republic is builing or updated the T65's and with no droids. Now in the NJO we see the XJ's now have droids again but they use the new R9's and older R4's not the R2's. Lukes was designed to put Artoo in but we always hear of other X-wing pilots with R4's or 9's.

My question is, are the XJ's with no droids the same ships with the driods in them with the same powering systems and if any one knows of others who used R2's in the newer XJ's.
"Boring Conversation anyway" Han Solo

"What kinda archeologist carries a weapon........Bad Example" Colonel Jack O'Neil

"My name is Olo... Hans Olo" -Dr. Daniel Jackson

"Well you did make the Farmingdale Run in less than 12 parsecs" --Personal Quote

"Just popped out for lunch" - Rowan Atkinson as Mr. Bean
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

The T-65D-A1 was the only X-Wing to feature the integral computer core.
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

Really, whats the difference? One has an onboard computer while the other has a mobile computer. The only thing that makes the XJ superior in NJO is the tactical developments against the Vong. Otherwise, new avionics and newer engines are just a logical development over the standard T65.
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
Barbatis
Redshirt

Post by Barbatis »

The XJ model fighter was first made as a serious improvment for the T-65, the NR gave these fighters to

1. Their most celebrated fighter groups and elite
2. They gave them to the Jedi

The modifactions to this ship were pretty exstensive if i rembere correctly the XJ was as fast as the original A-wing and took more of a pounding than a B-wing. While its weapons were upgraded to 4 more powerful laser cannons, 3 warhead launchers each launcher having 4 warheads. This may be wrong but im pretty sure thats what the improvments were.
Truth is in the mind of the beholder. I am the Beholder.
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

The XJ-Wing by the D20 stats is on par with a TIE/D in terms of performance (not quite as maneuverable or fast but can take more of a pounding)
saethar
Redshirt

Post by saethar »

I think it was 3 launchers with a total of 3 torps each, I remember a total of 9 torps being mentioned.

Saethar
:twisted: