Questions for story I'm writing

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Trogdor
Sith Devotee

Questions for story I'm writing

Post by Trogdor »

I'm working on a Sci-fi story right now where there's a human colony on Mars, and I can't think of a good name for it. Mars City just sounds painfully lame. What should I call it?

Also, the colony, while technically under the control of the UN, is really governed by the corporation which built it. What would one call that? Corpocracy?

Thank you in advance, and if this belongs in a different forum please feel free to move it.
"I want to mow down a bunch of motherfuckers with absurdly large weapons and relative impunity - preferably in and around a skyscraper. Then I want to fight a grim battle against the unlikely duo of the Terminator and Robocop. The last level should involve (but not be limited to) multiple robo-Hitlers and a gorillasaurus rex."--Uraniun235 on his ideal FPS game

"The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the Force."--Darth Vader
Slartibartfast
Emperor's Hand

Post by Slartibartfast »

Corporate State.

I think. At least that's what Elite called them ;)
Jason von Evil
Sol Badguy

Post by Jason von Evil »

Is it near any famous Martian areas like Olympus Mons?
"It was the hooker rationing that finally drove people over the edge." - Mike on coup in Thailand.
Trogdor
Sith Devotee

Post by Trogdor »

I'm not sure where it'll be yet. I've been looking through an astronomy textbook trying to find what the most hospitable place on Mars for a colony is, but I haven't really made a decision yet. Olympus Mons, being a volcano and all, probably wouldn't be that people friendly of an area (please correct me if I'm wrong).
"I want to mow down a bunch of motherfuckers with absurdly large weapons and relative impunity - preferably in and around a skyscraper. Then I want to fight a grim battle against the unlikely duo of the Terminator and Robocop. The last level should involve (but not be limited to) multiple robo-Hitlers and a gorillasaurus rex."--Uraniun235 on his ideal FPS game

"The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the Force."--Darth Vader
Superman
Pink Foamin' at the Mouth

Post by Superman »

Boobville... and make all the buildings dome shaped.
Pablo Sanchez
Commissar

Post by Pablo Sanchez »

Call it Campus Martius.
"I am gravely disappointed. Again you have made me unleash my dogs of war."
--The Lord Humungus
Trogdor
Sith Devotee

Post by Trogdor »

Superman wrote:Boobville... and make all the buildings dome shaped.
ROFL! :lol:

Campus Martius could work, though Aya's mention of OM now has me fighting the urge to name the place Olympus or something along that line.

Trogdor
Sith Devotee

Post by Trogdor »

I've decided to call it Campus Martius. Thanks to all who offered an idea.

Prozac the Robert
Jedi Master

Post by Prozac the Robert »

I was under the impression that mars was lacking in active volcanos. Am I wrong?
Hi! I'm Prozac the Robert!

EBC: "We can categorically state that we will be releasing giant man-eating badgers into the area."