General book font size

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

El Moose Monstero
Moose Rebellion Ambassador
Location: The Cradle of the Rebellion... Oop Nowrrth, Like...

General book font size

Post by El Moose Monstero »

Quick question, lockable upon answering really, but could someone tell me what the accepted font size for most books is? I'm male and hence no good at judging size. :D

PS - am aware that it does depend on the target audience, larger text for children's books, etc - just assume for a standard adult audience. I did do a google, but I mainly came up with academic standards for A4 size submissions.
"...a fountain of mirth, issuing forth from the penis of a cupid..." ~ Dalton / Winner of the 'Frank Hipper Most Horrific Drag EVAR' award - 2004 / The artist formerly known as The_Lumberjack.

Evil Brit Conspiracy: Token Moose Obsessed Kebab Munching Semi Geordie
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Why? Since printers autochange it to work for them.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
El Moose Monstero

I was just thinking about length really, I've got some stuff which is probably insanely long for a chapter and was wondering how it would look in book format to see if it really is a stupid length and needs splitting.
"...a fountain of mirth, issuing forth from the penis of a cupid..." ~ Dalton / Winner of the 'Frank Hipper Most Horrific Drag EVAR' award - 2004 / The artist formerly known as The_Lumberjack.

Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Actually some word programs have an auto changer :D .

Let's see for Word, I believe they put it into 6 point font and change literally how many lines are per page.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
El Moose Monstero

:shock: 6? Christ... guess I won't worry too much about length then. :D Although I think I might still look at splitting, seems to be turning into a marathon session. Now I know how Stravo must feel. :D