Hung in Effigy Week

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Obloquium
(is actually revprez!)

Hung in Effigy Week

Post by Obloquium »

ChiSunTimes wrote:Black man hung in effigy from Cal City billboard

February 9, 2005

BY LISA DONOVAN Staff Reports

The effigy of a black man hanging from a noose and racial epithets scrawled across a Calumet City billboard have touched off a police investigation and prompted at least one city official to assure the community it is a place where blacks and whites otherwise live together peacefully.

No arrests have been made, but Calumet Police Chief Patrick O'Meara said Tuesday the department has "solid leads," including the discovery of a spray-paint can possibly used in the crime.

Click here for more...
KCRA wrote:Political Statement Divides Neighborhood
Hanging Soldier Torn Down By Passer By

POSTED: 7:31 am PST February 10, 2005
UPDATED: 8:20 am PST February 10, 2005

SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- From cable news shows to local television, a political statement made by the owners of a house in Sacramento's Land Park neighborhood quickly became national news Wednesday and renewed debate about the right to express unpopular opinions.

A man who was passing by ripped down the display, leaving some neighbors thrilled and others outraged.

"I am delighted that people have come by the house and showed that they cared ... I'm just happy that it's gone," Land Park resident Marque Cohen said.

"I'm never thrilled to see someone's rights taken away from them, and that's what it was to pull it down. You're taking away his right to express himself," Land Park resident Ann Edwards said.

In a statement, the owner of home, Stephen Pearcy, wrote: "Those who find our effigy offensive should also find Bush's policy regarding Iraq offensive. It's ironic ... they now seek to suppress our speech here at home."

Source
To the hustlas, killers, murderers, drug dealers even the strippers...Jesus walks....
To the victims of Welfare for we living in hell here hell yeah...Jesus walks...
Now hear ye hear ye want to see Thee more clearly
I know he hear me when my feet get weary
Cuz we're the almost nearly extinct
We rappers are role models we rap we don't think
I ain't here to argue about his facial features
Or here to convert atheists into believers
I'm just trying to say the way school need teachers
The way Kathie Lee needed Regis that's the way yall need Jesus....