Guitar Town

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Chmee
Sith Marauder

Guitar Town

Post by Chmee »

Man, saw Steve Earle w/The Dukes and Allison Moorer ... it was about as packed as I've ever seen it at the Showbox, maybe because Steve just pulled in that Grammy last week.

Great hard-rockin' / country / blues show, Earle is one of my favorite songwriters out there and his choices of cover songs were certainly popular with the crowd ... Chamber Brothers' "Time Has Come Today," ... Beatles' "Revolution," the Stones' "Sweet Virginia" and a Nirvana tune just for local flavor.

Allison Moorer ... wow, what a voice. Great complement to Earle's band.

Very political show, Steve is hardcore anti-war (album title: "The Revolution Stars Now") and delivers that message loud and clear during song breaks, as well as with a few tunes. Not a show for the rigidly right-wing, but if you like a great rockin' show, check Steve's site for tour dates near you, one of my best concert experiences in a few years.

Steve Earle
[img=right]http://www.tallguyz.com/imagelib/chmeesig.jpg[/img]My guess might be excellent or it might be crummy, but
Mrs. Spade didn't raise any children dippy enough to
make guesses in front of a district attorney,
an assistant district attorney, and a stenographer

Sam Spade, "The Maltese Falcon"

Operation Freedom Fry
Drewcifer
Jedi Council Member

Post by Drewcifer »

I saw Steve Earle on his last tour and it was awesome! (He played "Time" then too) It was like seeing Springsteen; he just kept playing and playing.

I highly suggest seeing him live as well.

If you ever see his live album, Shut Up and Die Like an Aviator, check it out. It was at the height of his drug addiction (just before he got dropped from his label and was homeless for a bit - many, many years ago), but it's still a good album.
Image Original Warsie ++ Smartass! ~ Picker ~ Grinner ~ Lover ~ Sinner ++ "There's no time for later now"
Chmee
Sith Marauder

Post by Chmee »

Yeah, his show was Springsteen-ish in that there are basically no band breaks, they just cruise on for hours .... it was an early show and they had to stop for 'Funk Night' at this theater at 11, so who knows how long he would have played without that restriction.
[img=right]http://www.tallguyz.com/imagelib/chmeesig.jpg[/img]My guess might be excellent or it might be crummy, but
Mrs. Spade didn't raise any children dippy enough to
make guesses in front of a district attorney,
an assistant district attorney, and a stenographer

Sam Spade, "The Maltese Falcon"

Operation Freedom Fry