My mates mid-life crisis, in colour!

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Kenny_10_Bellys
Jedi Knight

My mates mid-life crisis, in colour!

Post by Kenny_10_Bellys »

Check it out, my mate ordered a full set of Aliens Colonial Marine armour along with a bunch of other dudes who play Airsoft here in the UK. For the uninitiated, Airsoft is using electric and gas powered replica guns in paintball style games, but instead of paint you shoot 6mm or 8mm BBs at each other. "How do you know if you've been hit?" is always the question. "OWWW!", is the reply.

Anyway, he had already purchased a fully operational M41A pulse rifle for using at the Airsoft games and thought the armour and camo was the next logical step. Mid life crisis ahoy! Anyway, he was foolish enough to send me the pics and I've just done this quick photoshop job on him to replace the backdrop of his dingy batchelor pad with something more appropriate, and thought I'd share. I'm no photoshop ace, but I think I did OK and I have the rest of his photos to practice on!

visit http://www.kennyscrap.com for all your crap model needs.
Queeb Salaron
Jedi Council Member

Post by Queeb Salaron »

There's a thick purple like on the top of the gun where it looks like you forgot to change the backdrop.

Other than that, it doesn't look bad. Kudos!
Proud owner of The Fleshlight
G.A.L.E. Force - Bisexual Airborn Division
SDnet Resident Psycho Clown

"I hear and behold God in every object, yet I understand God not in the least, / Nor do I understand who there can be more wonderful than myself."
--Whitman

Fucking Funny.
Dorsk 81
Sith Devotee

Post by Dorsk 81 »

Thats a pretty sweet set of armour. The rifle's nice too, did he get it from Parks Sabers? They have a really shit hot rifle that looks just about the same.
"I would, for instance, fellate a smurf before I pick death." Dylan Moran
"Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." Albert Einstein
EBC's Devonian Deviant | GALE's Supplementary Bi Brit | BoTM's Raw Recruit | GDC's Horny Delphinidae | I'm with RMA | CoIB
Kenny_10_Bellys
Jedi Knight

Post by Kenny_10_Bellys »

Queeb, you'd need to point it out to me, I'm colourblind and cant see the line you're talking about. :(

Dorsk, the gun came from www.zerooneairsoft.com and can be bought complete (as my mate did) or as a kit where you supply your own Thimpson machine gun. It's fully working in that it's a stripped down all-metal Airsoft Thompson WWII machine gun replica that can fire semi or full auto, clad in the fibreglass and metal kit.

The only bit that doesn't work is the launcher underneath, it doesn't fire but does 'cock' to reveal a grenade in the chamber. The counter on the side also works, it actually counts down the rounds as you fire! Pretty cool, and the semi-high capacity magazine used to fit the kit actually does hold about 100 rounds too. You can buy more expensive custom jobs that put in an airsoft pump-action shotgun where the launcher is, so it not only looks right it fires too.
visit http://www.kennyscrap.com for all your crap model needs.