One for the Mythbuster (Kari) fans

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

One for the Mythbuster (Kari) fans

Post by Alyeska »

"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
Tasoth
Sith Devotee

Post by Tasoth »

Why is she so sexy!?! WHYYYY!?!?
I've committed the greatest sin, worse than anything done here today. I sold half my soul to the devil. -Ivan Isaac, the Half Souled Knight

Mecha Maniac
The Spartan
Sith Marauder

Post by The Spartan »

That picture is perfect. You see balloons and a young woman dressed in a psuedo-schoolgirl outfit. An attractive and talented one at that... then you notice the, oh, roughly 18-inch long wrist blades she's sporting and your brain does the mental equivalent of this: :wtf:

This is saved for so many reasons.
The Gentleman from Texas abstains. Discourteously.
PRFYNAFBTFC-Vice Admiral: MFS Masturbating Walrus :: Omine subtilite Odobenus rosmarus masturbari
Soy un perdedor.
"WHO POOPED IN A NORMAL ROOM?!"-Commander William T. Riker
The Spartan
Sith Marauder

Post by The Spartan »

Tasoth wrote:Why is she so sexy!?! WHYYYY!?!?
Because she can weld and uses gunpowder on a regular basis.
PRFYNAFBTFC-Vice Admiral: MFS Masturbating Walrus :: Omine subtilite Odobenus rosmarus masturbari
Soy un perdedor.
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

First: YOWZA. :shock:

Secondly: Is this from an episode? And if so, what's up with the claws? :?
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
The Spartan
Sith Marauder

Post by The Spartan »

Elheru Aran wrote:First: YOWZA. :shock:

Secondly: Is this from an episode? And if so, what's up with the claws? :?
Yes it's from an episode. They were testing the myth that balloons at the county fair could carry a child away. Took them several thousand to make it work.

The claws are for popping the balloons afterwards.

It was cool seeing Scottie spitting fire to pop several balloons at once.
Soy un perdedor.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Yes, it is from an episode, about floating a child with balloons. The claw thing was for popping them at the end: they used a variety of methods, including Scotti blowing fire.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Uraniun235
Emperor's Hand

Post by Uraniun235 »

The Spartan wrote:That picture is perfect. You see balloons and a young woman dressed in a psuedo-schoolgirl outfit. An attractive and talented one at that... then you notice the, oh, roughly 18-inch long wrist blades she's sporting and your brain does the mental equivalent of this: :wtf:
Hey, speak for yourself, buddy. Some of us are more like this: Image
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

The most hilarious Kari moment was when they were at the abandoned airstrip and she and Scotti were goading on Torey riding the bike into hurting himself.

Hot. Smart. AND evil...
Fleet Admiral JD
Jedi Master

Post by Fleet Admiral JD »

I demand more Keri pics for...uhh....testing purposes....yeah. We'll go with that :D
Parrothead | CINC HABNAV | Black Mage In Training (Invited by Lady T)

The Acta Diurna: My blog on politics, history, theatre tech, music, and more!
The Spartan
Sith Marauder

Post by The Spartan »

Uraniun235 wrote:Hey, speak for yourself, buddy. Some of us are more like this: Image
I meant the WTF smiley in a good way, in that she gets you thinking she's coming from one direction then BAM! smacks you from the direction you weren't thinking about. Keeps you on your toes and all that...

Having said that, this: Image is still highly appropriate.
Soy un perdedor.
Erik von Nein
Jedi Council Member

Post by Erik von Nein »

I must say Mythbusters has become one of my favorite shows for no apparent reason. :mrgreen:
"To make an apple pie from scratch you must first invent the universe."
— Carl Sagan

Wicked Pilot
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Wicked Pilot »

Random thought: I wonder if she's wearing any panties.
The most basic assumption about the world is that it does not contradict itself.
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

Hit it? My dear you'd need to use a tazer to get me off of that.
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
Duckie
Sith Marauder

Post by Duckie »

Wicked Pilot wrote:Random thought: I wonder if she's wearing any panties.
Probably, considering she's planning to fly into the air on national television.

Of course, she could be into exhibitionism, I don't really know.

And let me take this moment to say: Daaaamn.
I'd bust that myth... no... I'd pop those balloons?....
Okay, I suck at that. Make up your own if you desperately need one.
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

MRDOD wrote:
Wicked Pilot wrote:Random thought: I wonder if she's wearing any panties.
Probably, considering she's planning to fly into the air on national television.

Of course, she could be into exhibitionism, I don't really know.

And let me take this moment to say: Daaaamn.
I'd bust that myth... no... I'd pop those balloons?....
Okay, I suck at that. Make up your own if you desperately need one.
Sorry, the myth was about a small child. They floated a 40 pound girl and it took several thousand balloons to do it. It would take tens of thousands of balloons to float an adult of even light weight.
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
Duckie
Sith Marauder

Post by Duckie »

Alyeska wrote: Sorry, the myth was about a small child. They floated a 40 pound girl and it took several thousand balloons to do it. It would take tens of thousands of balloons to float an adult of even light weight.
Did they know that at the start, though?

Plus, you're ruining the moment with your adherance to things like factual accuracy. :wink: [I get the feeling that'll be quoted out of context someday...]
Crayz9000
Sith Apprentice

Post by Crayz9000 »

On a somewhat related note, the same feat can be accomplished much more easily using weather balloons: snopes.com on Larry Walters
A Tribute to Stupidity: The Robert Scott Anderson Archive (currently offline)
John Hansen - Slightly Insane Bounty Hunter - ASVS Vets' Assoc. Class of 2000
HAB Cryptanalyst | WG - Intergalactic Alliance and Spoof Author | BotM | Cybertron | SCEF
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

MRDOD wrote:
Alyeska wrote: Sorry, the myth was about a small child. They floated a 40 pound girl and it took several thousand balloons to do it. It would take tens of thousands of balloons to float an adult of even light weight.
Did they know that at the start, though?

Plus, you're ruining the moment with your adherance to things like factual accuracy. :wink: [I get the feeling that'll be quoted out of context someday...]
The Myth was of a careless parent getting balloons for their little child and the child takes off while holding the balloons. Yes they knew it from the very start. The Myth was never about an adult getting lifted up.

Faram
Bastard Operator from Hell

Post by Faram »

Crayz9000 wrote:On a somewhat related note, the same feat can be accomplished much more easily using weather balloons: snopes.com on Larry Walters
Mythbusters did that too, adam took a flight!

And ohh that image is so saved!
[img=right]http://hem.bredband.net/b217293/warsaban.gif[/img]

"Either God wants to abolish evil, and cannot; or he can, but does not want to. ... If he wants to, but cannot, he is impotent. If he can, but does not want to, he is wicked. ... If, as they say, God can abolish evil, and God really wants to do it, why is there evil in the world?" -Epicurus

Fear is the mother of all gods.

Nature does all things spontaneously, by herself, without the meddling of the gods. -Lucretius
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

weemadando wrote:The most hilarious Kari moment was when they were at the abandoned airstrip and she and Scotti were goading on Torey riding the bike into hurting himself.

Hot. Smart. AND evil...
"Yeah! You like totally cleared it!"
And then you see Tori stuff the bike right into the wagon and go face first into the pavement.

Then there's all the times the crew gets sent out to buy meat. Like the time when they came back with entire pig spines with meat still on them and Tori was waving them around and jiggling them. You could see Kari getting sick and trying not to throw up.
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
Durandal
Bile-Driven Hate Machine

Post by Durandal »

Kari is the sexiest thing to happen to science since the female cast members of CSI.
Damien Sorresso

"Ever see what them computa bitchez do to numbas? It ain't natural. Numbas ain't supposed to be code, they supposed to quantify shit."
- The Onion
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

Durandal wrote:Kari is the sexiest thing to happen to science since the female cast members of CSI.
Agreed, why oh why isn't Mythbuster broadcasted here.

Though all the CSI members VS Kari...well Kari is only one person.
Brotherhood of the Bear | HAB | Mess | SDnet archivist |
Faram
Bastard Operator from Hell

Post by Faram »

Ace Pace wrote:
Durandal wrote:Kari is the sexiest thing to happen to science since the female cast members of CSI.

But Kari is Smart and Butiful in real life.

CSI has script wirtiers to help them out.

Kari anyday anywhere, she rules
[img=right]http://hem.bredband.net/b217293/warsaban.gif[/img]

"Either God wants to abolish evil, and cannot; or he can, but does not want to. ... If he wants to, but cannot, he is impotent. If he can, but does not want to, he is wicked. ... If, as they say, God can abolish evil, and God really wants to do it, why is there evil in the world?" -Epicurus

Fear is the mother of all gods.

Nature does all things spontaneously, by herself, without the meddling of the gods. -Lucretius
Durandal
Bile-Driven Hate Machine

Post by Durandal »

Faram wrote:
Ace Pace wrote:

But Kari is Smart and Butiful in real life.

CSI has script wirtiers to help them out.

Kari anyday anywhere, she rules
A dumb-shit Marg Helgenberger is still tough to turn down, even against a brainy hotty like Kari.
Damien Sorresso

"Ever see what them computa bitchez do to numbas? It ain't natural. Numbas ain't supposed to be code, they supposed to quantify shit."
- The Onion