WIP Sketchup

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Faram
Bastard Operator from Hell

WIP Sketchup

Post by Faram »

I got it into my head to model my condo in Sketchup.

The nasty thing with sketchup is that it is easy to start with but soon you bump into harder stuff.

This is part of my entrance to my condo.

And here is the sketchup file

R Click and save as.

Any critique or suggestions welcome.
[img=right]http://hem.bredband.net/b217293/warsaban.gif[/img]

"Either God wants to abolish evil, and cannot; or he can, but does not want to. ... If he wants to, but cannot, he is impotent. If he can, but does not want to, he is wicked. ... If, as they say, God can abolish evil, and God really wants to do it, why is there evil in the world?" -Epicurus

Fear is the mother of all gods.

Nature does all things spontaneously, by herself, without the meddling of the gods. -Lucretius
Acidburns
Padawan Learner

Post by Acidburns »

I always feel bad when I see something in AMP with no comments. Time for some love!

Havn't used sketch up yet, though I was watching my sister use it a while ago.

What your doing looks ok, but you've got a long way to go for sure :lol:

There's not much to say....yet. From what I can see it looks like the corners of the walls intersect, which you may want to avoid, as it can cause graphics glitches. Best to have them snap together snugly without overlap if you can. It may not matter, it depends mostly on the program.

The only other advice I could offer is if your modeling something that is quite large, is to take advantage of any layering the package offers. Keep everything named, and nicely ogranised and it'll make thing much easier. Being able to turn off the layers your not working on will make it much easier.

I'd block out the whole condo roughly first, then start adding details. It'll help you get the scale right.

That, and remember theres thousands of ways of modeling the same object, so if one way isn't doing it, step back, think and try another.

Be sure and post if you get any more done.