D&D Role Reversal: Team of Monsters

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

D&D Role Reversal: Team of Monsters

Post by Majin Gojira »

I have this idea for a story. D&D based (could make a good campaign too). Based on One of the Goblins comics--an escape from the Brassmoon dungeon by a group of "monsters" brought there to be used as "Teaching aids" for up and coming Adventurers.

The problem comes in "What creatures should I use?" and "What "Classes" should they be?" and "How many?" -- because there has to be at least a few cannon fodder/dramatic deaths in this one.

Maybe this belongs in Gaming, but I have more of an itch to WRITE it than I do to play it.

I already have a level in mind: the standard for D&D based stories/comics/etc: "Between 7 and 10".

I have a few ideas on what general 'type' of characters to use...but I'd like to hear some suggestions as well.
ISARMA: Daikaiju Coordinator: Just Add Radiation
Justice League- Molly Hayes: Respect Hats or Freakin' Else!
Browncoat
Supernatural Taisen - "[This Story] is essentially "Wouldn't it be awesome if this happened?" Followed by explosions."

Reviewing movies is a lot like Paleontology: The Evidence is there...but no one seems to agree upon it.

"God! Are you so bored that you enjoy seeing us humans suffer?! Why can't you let this poor man live happily with his son! What kind of God are you, crushing us like ants?!" - Kyoami, Ran
Vehrec
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vehrec »

Possible monsters I can think of and the 'class' they would represent, and maybe take levels in. Some are serious attempts to create usable characters, others are just jokes.
Troll: Barbarian(low level)
Succubus: Enchanter
Medusa: Transmuter(high level)
Illithid: Psion(high level)
Flesh Golem: Fighter
Kobold: Pun Pun
Bladeling: Paladin (low level)
Dabus: Cleric(low level)
Goblin: Rogue(low level)
Harpy: bard
Ghoul: Necromancer(low level)
hag: Wizard
mehpit: any(low level)
Rakshasa: Warlock(because nobody in their right mind would take sorcerer.)
Mummy: Paladin or cleric
ImageCommander of the MFS Darwinian Selection Method (sexual)
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

I toyed with this once, and went very non-standard directions.

Kobold: Barbarian(Sounds stupid, until you realize when raging, his stat penalties vanish, and his innate AC bonuses cancel the penalties).
Ogre: Truenamer(While their INT takes a hit, he makes a good buffer/debuffer, and played with the idea that Truenaming is the magic the Ogres used way back when).
Alu-Fiend(Half-succubus): Priest(Why yes, I played Planescape: Torment. ...Why?).
Troll: Rogue(Not a bouncer, a splatter).
Goblin: Mage.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
The Nomad
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Nomad »

What about an Ogre Mage wizard/truenamer ?

Or a very young black/green dragon ?

A Flesh Harrower Puppeteer (for the 'eew' factor) ?