Ships have genders?

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Tasoth
Sith Devotee

Ships have genders?

Post by Tasoth »

I present the Munin Missile Frigate in all it's work in progress glory!

So far, has a total of 14 forward facing torpedo tubes, 20 PD laser emplacements, nice spacious ammo magazines and will soon have ventral PD/CIWS projectile weapons because I want something that looks nifty keen on it. Oh, and it's main turrets are not done yet. Still gotta work on those. I'll keep this updated. I hope.

EDIT: Crap, forgot to put Sister ship in the opening line. It'd have made the title more obvious....
I've committed the greatest sin, worse than anything done here today. I sold half my soul to the devil. -Ivan Isaac, the Half Souled Knight

Mecha Maniac
salm
Rabid Monkey

Post by salm »

Nice work. I like it.
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

I love it!!
Image Image
Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

Pretty. If you're willing to be swayed, going for more smaller engines would be a good plan. One big engine is generally going to be more efficient, but damage to that bell will pretty well screw everyone over. That's of significant importance, being a warship and all.
FSTargetDrone
Emperor's Hand

Post by FSTargetDrone »

Somehow I see a great clothespin in space...

No no, I like it. :D
Uraniun235
Emperor's Hand

Post by Uraniun235 »

but how big is it
"There is no "taboo" on using nuclear weapons." -Julhelm
What is Project Zohar?
"On a serious note (well not really) I did sometimes jump in and rate nBSG episodes a '5' before the episode even aired or I saw it." - RogueIce explaining that episode ratings on SDN tv show threads are bunk
LordShaithis
Redshirt

Post by LordShaithis »

And the Phallus-class carrier prepares to launch it's squadron of F-69 Penetrators...
If Religion and Politics were characters on a soap opera, Religion would be the one that goes insane with jealousy over Politics' intimate relationship with Reality, and secretly murder Politics in the night, skin the corpse, and run around its apartment wearing the skin like a cape shouting "My votes now! All votes for me! Wheeee!" -- Lagmonster
SylasGaunt
Sith Acolyte

Post by SylasGaunt »

Would those be the ones designed to plug enemy engine nozzles? :D
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Very nice. Looking forward to seeing the two ships together.
JADAFETWA
Tasoth
Sith Devotee

Post by Tasoth »

the ship is ~500m, is a missile frigate, so worrying about pinpoint attacks on the engine bell is only viable if the cappin' is dumb enough to let something close to beam range, operates with the Hugin (found here), which is a sensor frigate/Dedicated PD/Fire control hub and it's got some PD lasers. So operating something like 5 Munin to one Hugin means we get some nasty wolf pack action/Evil recon squadrons.
I've committed the greatest sin, worse than anything done here today. I sold half my soul to the devil. -Ivan Isaac, the Half Souled Knight

Mecha Maniac
White Haven
Sith Acolyte

Post by White Haven »

Hehe. Recon in force. Lots of force. :twisted:

I like it!
Chronological Incontinence: Time warps around the poster. The thread topic winks out of existence and reappears in 1d10 posts.

Out of Context Theatre, this week starring Darth Nostril.
-'If you really want to fuck with these idiots tell them that there is a vaccine for chemtrails.'

Fiction!: The Final War (Bolo/Lovecraft) (Ch 7 9/15/11), Living (D&D, Complete)Image