Corvette Museum Trip Pics.

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Glocksman
Emperor's Hand

Corvette Museum Trip Pics.

Post by Glocksman »

While I was in the hospital a couple of months ago, my Dad said we'd go down to Bowling Green, Kentucky.
That's the home of the Corvette/Cadillac XLR assembly plant and the Corvette Museum.
They don't allow cameras inside the plant, but photography is permitted inside the museum
Here's an album page with pics from the trip:

Photo Album
The only processing done on these pics is batch exposure and resize down to 1280x960 in ACDSee.
I also have about 15 minutes of video to edit down and I'll post that as soon as I get done with it.

Oh, and if there's anyone with $100k they can spare, I'd like a red Cadillac XLR-V supercharged roadster. :wink:
"You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."- General Sir Charles Napier

Oderint dum metuant
Uraniun235
Emperor's Hand

Post by Uraniun235 »

I want.
"There is no "taboo" on using nuclear weapons." -Julhelm
What is Project Zohar?
"On a serious note (well not really) I did sometimes jump in and rate nBSG episodes a '5' before the episode even aired or I saw it." - RogueIce explaining that episode ratings on SDN tv show threads are bunk
Glocksman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Glocksman »

Sure you wouldn't rather have that '1BADZ06'?
There's something appealing about a car that can do 190+ MPH. :twisted:
"You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."- General Sir Charles Napier

Oderint dum metuant
Uraniun235
Emperor's Hand

Post by Uraniun235 »

Eh, but it's not like I'd ever be able to actually go 190 MPH. I'd much rather trade some of that speed for something that looks more badass, and a C3 Corvette is pure awesome to my eyes.

(Although preferably in a different color. That shade of red doesn't appeal to me as much.)
"There is no "taboo" on using nuclear weapons." -Julhelm
What is Project Zohar?
"On a serious note (well not really) I did sometimes jump in and rate nBSG episodes a '5' before the episode even aired or I saw it." - RogueIce explaining that episode ratings on SDN tv show threads are bunk
Glocksman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Glocksman »

It's actually orange.
The white balance on my camera was set on 'auto', and auto white balance isn't 100% accurate.

Oderint dum metuant
Simplicius
Jedi Council Member

Post by Simplicius »

I like my 'Vettes a little older:

Those are some nice photos, Glocksman.
evangelion1
Redshirt

Post by evangelion1 »

did they have any corvette grand sports there?
Red Star
Padawan Learner

Post by Red Star »

Corvettes. True Detroit muscle :twisted:

Did they have a Mako Shark model there?
I become death, destroyer of worlds.

Rule 37: "There is no 'Overkill.' There is only 'Open Fire' and 'I Need to Reload.'"
Schlock Mercenary
His Divine Shadow
Commence Primary Ignition

Post by His Divine Shadow »

I too want a C3 corvette. Black ofcourse. But my Firebird GTA is kinda close.

My cousin had a 1947 corvette for a while as a restoration project, didn't have the funds to complete it though, after a year of standing still he sold it on.
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who did not.
Glocksman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Glocksman »

His Divine Shadow wrote:I too want a C3 corvette. Black ofcourse. But my Firebird GTA is kinda close.

My cousin had a 1947 corvette for a while as a restoration project, didn't have the funds to complete it though, after a year of standing still he sold it on.
If he had a 1947 Corvette, then he had one before it was a gleam in Arkus-Duntov's eye. :wink:

Oderint dum metuant
SyntaxVorlon
Sith Acolyte

Post by SyntaxVorlon »

I've always liked this one. :D
WE, however, do meddle in the affairs of others.
What part of [ Image,Image, N(Image) ] don't you understand?
Skeptical Armada Cynic: ROU Aggressive Logic
SDN Ranger: Skeptical Ambassador
EOD
Mr Golgotha, Ms Scheck, we're running low on skin. I suggest you harvest another lesbian!
Red Star
Padawan Learner

Post by Red Star »

His Divine Shadow wrote:I too want a C3 corvette. Black ofcourse. But my Firebird GTA is kinda close.

Thats a rare year! Not to many '47 corvettes were built :P
I become death, destroyer of worlds.

Rule 37: "There is no 'Overkill.' There is only 'Open Fire' and 'I Need to Reload.'"
Schlock Mercenary