Transporter clones

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Setzer
Requiescat in Pace

Transporter clones

Post by Setzer »

What kind of writing oppurtunities does a transporter clone present? By transporter clone I mean a clone programed in the holodeck and created from the transporter's pattern buffer. What do they think when coming into existance? Is there any potential for comedy?(Like with Tom Servo's tendency to build more of himself)
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

You could always program memories into the holodeck image and then it would be complete. Personally though, I think ghere should be a moratorium on stories/movies/etc... regarding clones.
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
Durandal
Bile-Driven Hate Machine

Post by Durandal »

This probably would have been a better explanation for how Picard got cloned in Nemesis, but we can't expect intelligence from Star Trek writers.
Damien Sorresso

"Ever see what them computa bitchez do to numbas? It ain't natural. Numbas ain't supposed to be code, they supposed to quantify shit."
- The Onion
Coalition
Jedi Master

Post by Coalition »

Another option for transporter clones, is when some alien race wants you to return their diplomat, but you know that diplomat has critical knowledge.

So you use the transporter, and create a second one. Since both would technically be originals, you send one of them back, and tortu, um, question the other one. The race that demanded their diplomat goes away, not knowing what you did. Great effect when you show copies of the communications to the prisoner, and the prisoner realizes that his/her own government thinks they are safe and sound.

Other option is when you have a hot date, and she (he?) wishes they could be in two places at once. Use the transporter, and they now can be in two (or more) places at once. Of course, explaining to the Captain why you have several copies of the ship's nymphomaniac in your quarters could get interesting.

"So Mr Barclay, please explain why you just happen to have eight Ensign Lai-Me's in your quarters?"

<G>