Models! More Models!

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Models! More Models!

Post by MKSheppard »

My local shop had a 25% off sale...sO I went and got the following:

For $69 I expect at least no typoes.

On the plus side, I did get a free base:

and Soviet Air power!

This thing's huge, and well packed. My OHP in 1:700 is atop it.

Also got the following:

Current state:

From top to bottom:

OHP FFG

Knox FF

Pegasus Hydrofoil PHM

Jap ASW DE; I had to glue the two halves of the hull together using stiffeners, not fun.
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Thag
Jedi Knight

Post by Thag »

Is that the AFV Club Knox, and if so, how is it? I've got one on my to-do pile, and the only other AFV kit I've done is their M88.
"And the sign said, 'Anybody caught tresspassing, will be shot on sight.' So I jumped over the fence and yelled at the house, 'Hey! What -'" BAM*BAM*BAM*BAM*BAM
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Yep, AFV Club Knox.
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
FSTargetDrone
Emperor's Hand

Post by FSTargetDrone »

MKSheppard, the new issue of Fine Scale Modeler (December issue, the one with the white KV-I on the cover) has a review of Trumpeter's new 1/700 Nimitz. It also has a sea base like your Russian carrier there. The reviewer gave the kit pretty good marks.

I think Trumpeter also sells separate aircraft packs for its carrier kits so you can add more planes on the deck.
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

So, I guess all your base are belong to you.

That's what you get for free-basing.

OK, sorry. (slinks back under rock).
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!